My girlfriends and I didn’t make a video of our experiences at Eaux Claires, but the Stavely-Taylor girls did (aka The Staves). They get the festival’s buzz perfectly in this sweet little video for the song “Horizons.”
A few things about the festival:
- Sweet program book/Eaux Claires passports – bright yellow, comprehensive, artistic and handy
- Timely rain. Nothing during festival hours, but the scariest hazardous conditions I have ever endured. Tornado warnings and high winds forced us our of our tent and into our car. We called all our loved ones in fear of losing our lives (see 1:43 in the video above). Something tells me the Staves weren’t sleeping outdoors!
- A killer line up that never tired me: Charles Bradley, Spoon, Sylvan Esso, The National, Bon Iver, Phox, The Tallest Man on Earth, Poliça and that’s just off the top of my head.
- Movies – a short film by Tom Berninger, a short partly-fictional film on the band Phox
- Shitty food
- Our discovery of Buzzballs
Feeling some major summer nostalgia right now.