I have spent a good chunk of tonight listening to Feist’s new album. After being completely swallowed up by this live version of “Any Party” at a recent show in San Francisco, I found myself dipping back into an old gem and this secret guest appearance for the song “Know How.” Can you believe “Know How” is 13 years old? Here are some stills from the very sweet guest appearance:
Get the time machine ready. I’m going down a rabbit hole.
It’s been a while, but here is my brief recap:
- The fancy stage lights weren’t working for the first song. Brit Daniel commented and mid-way through the opening song “Do I Have To Talk You Into It?”. Instantaneously, a sea of cellphone flashlights appeared. On its own and unsolicited – completely annoying, together and requested – fantastic.
- I’ve always called Brit Daniel effortlessly cool, but this show made me realize how cool they all are.
- I’m a huge Get Up Kids fan, so seeing bassist Rob Pope (Get Up Kids, Spoon) play in a slightly cooler band like Spoon is a total delight.
- This Song Exploder session with Spoon drummer, Jim Eno, is worth listening to. He tears apart the sweet tune “Inside Out”
- Massey Hall only allowed the first three rows to dash to the front and leave the en. They issued wristbands to all folks with tickets for that section prior to the show’s start. We were in row five. Thanks, Massey!!